One Of Hennepin County’s Most Wanted Nabbed On 1st Day Of Sweep
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Law enforcement officials say they nabbed one of Hennepin County’s top 10 most wanted on the first day of a county-wide warrant sweep aimed at drug dealers.
Sheriff’s deputies arrested 28-year-old John Thomas Elsenpeter Tuesday in Crystal on a warrant for first-degree drug sale.
The Hennepin County Sherriff’s Office says its office and more than a dozen local agencies are participating in the warrant sweep, which is focused on rooting out drug dealers at all levels.
“We are looking for both high level dealers involved with drug cartels as well as mid and low level dealers who are supplying this poison,” said Hennepin County Sheriff Rich Stanek before the start of the sweep. “These are people who are selling a deadly product in our neighborhoods, and we don’t want them destroying any more lives in Hennepin County.”
Some 155 drug offenders are targets of the sweep. Many of them have multiple arrests, convictions and active warrants, officials said.