It’s hard to believe that it’s been three decades since Prince bade us to “dig if you will a picture.”
Yes, the blockbuster Purple Rain album — a 20 million unit monster that still stands atop the list of the bestselling Minnesota albums ever release, well ahead of Bob Dylan’s two separate Greatest Hits compilations — was released on June 25, 1984.
Normally, the occasion would call for a celebratory dip into the purifying waters of Lake Minnetonka, but since there’s still a no wake ordinance for that bulging body of water, we’ll all have to settle for a retrospective ranking of all nine tracks from worst to best.
104.1 JACK-FM did just that, and they even threw in the four main B-sides as well to make it a bakers’ dozen.
If you disagree with their rankings, please take a cue from the Purple One himself and offer up your own rankings — “I know ain’t nothin’ wrong with your ears!”
Click here for the full list, complete with each track via Spotify!
More Water Cooler Headlines
- Good Question: What’s The Markup At Retailers?
- Farmers Say Warm Weather Will Make For Beautiful Christmas Trees This Year
- Minnesota Volunteers Bring Struggling Families The ‘Best Christmas Ever’
- 4 Things To Know: 4th Precinct Unrest, Hazardous Toys, & More
- Good Question: How Much Should We Wash Fruits & Vegetables?