Man, 24, Charged In Connection With N. Mpls. Shooting

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. St. Paul Police Form Mentorship Program With YWCA
  2. Interview: Justice Alan Page Talks Children's Book Project
  3. 4 Things To Know For Dec. 21, 2014
  4. ‘Black Lives Matter’ Protest Locks Down Mall Of America
  5. Interview: Michele Bachmann Talks Sony Hack, Cuba

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A Minneapolis man has been charged with second degree murder and attempted second degree murder in connection with a fatal shooting in north Minneapolis that occurred over Fourth of July weekend, according to Hennepin County Attorney Michael O. Freeman.

Marco Anthony Gresham, 24, was charged with one count second degree murder in the death of Francesca Desandre and one count of attempted second degree murder in the shooting of another woman.

According to police, just before 5 a.m. officers responded to a call on the 2600 block of North Third Street, where two women had been shot.

According to the criminal complaint, Desandre had hosted a Fourth of July party at her residence in the 2600 block of North Third Street.

Gresham and the other female victim were at the party.

Police said later in the evening Desandre, Gresham and the other female victim went out in downtown Minneapolis.

Upon their return, Gresham began questioning the female about her knowledge on his alleged involvement with a homicide that occurred in St. Paul earlier in the year.

The victim said she didn’t know what he was talking about, but Gresham then pointed a gun at her.

When the victim attempted to push the gun away, Gresham pulled her close and shot her in the abdomen.

According to the criminal complaint, Desandre then ran towards the house. Gresham fired are her as she ran and she collapsed on the front steps.

Police said that when they arrived they found Desandre face down, not breathing. The female victim was in the yard, alive but with labored breath.

Desandre was declared dead on the scene. The other victim was taken to north Memorial Medical Center. She was treated for her injuries and expected to survive.

Gresham was apprehended by Minneapolis police on Tuesday, July 8. He remains in custody.

If convicted, Gresham could face up to 40 years in prison for each charge.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,398 other followers