Officials: House Fire In St. Cloud Caused By Bird’s Nest
Get Breaking News First
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – St. Cloud fire officials determines the cause of a house fire the occurred at the beginning of the month to be a bird’s nest.
According to officials, around 12:41 a.m. July 5, a fire broke out at a home in the 600 block of 7th Avenue North.
The fire was later determined to be caused by an abandoned bird nest that was on top of a dual porch floodlight.
St. Cloud Fire Department said the floodlight had been on for approximately an hour prior to the fire.
The home is not livable at the moment.
Officials said this is the second structure fire this summer to be caused by a bird’s nest on an exterior light.