Local

14 Get Medical Treatment After Visiting ND Laundromat

View Comments
(credit: Christopher Gregory/Getty Images)

(credit: Christopher Gregory/Getty Images)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. 4 Things To Know: Oct. 20, 2014
  2. Finding Minnesota: Natural Adventure Park At Briggs Farm
  3. The Lowdown: Pearl Jam, Gopher Homecoming
  4. Midday Headlines For 10/20
  5. Study: People Drink Less Soda When They See What It Takes To Walk Off

WATFORD CITY, N.D. (AP) — At least 14 people in northwest North Dakota have sought medical treatment after becoming ill following a visit to a laundromat.

The North Dakota Department of Health says exhaust from a malfunctioning boiler was venting into the Watford City facility. Authorities say a mixture of the exhaust, a high concentration of carbon monoxide, and the vapors of graffiti degreaser and a bleach cocktail used to treat clothes, was causing people to become ill.

Authorities say the victims’ illnesses aren’t life threatening.

Emergency personnel responded to the laundromat after receiving a report of a woman who had passed out. She was transported to the hospital, and later, other victims went to or were taken to the hospital from the same laundromat.

The facility’s gas line has been shut off.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,901 other followers