MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Every Saturday, Mike Augustyniak finds the best mixologists in town to see what they’re stirring up. This week, he heads to Stillwater’s LOLO American Kitchen & Craft Bar for three amazing cocktails.
Mark Rosen’s South Beach Retreat
Build in 16 oz mixing glass with ice:
- 1.5 oz coconut rum
- 1 oz reposado tequila
- .75 oz pineapple
- .75 oz. lemon sour (1/2 lemon juice and 1/2 simple syrup)
- .5 oz maraschino liqueur
- .75 oz coconut caramel (caramelized coconut simple syrup) — coconut sugar based
Shake all ingredients and strain into glass with coconut/sugar mix. Garnish with lime touille. Toasted coconut and coconut sugar rim on glass.
Euphegenia Doubtfire Dear
Start in 16 oz mixing glass with ice:
- 3 oz rum mixture (pot still Jamaican, aged rum, pineapple aged rum, velvet falernum, clear rum, passion fruit, dark rum)
- Splash lime sour (1/2 lime juice and 1/2 simple syrup)
- Pineapple to top of glass
- 4 dashes of Angostura Bitters
Shake all ingredients and place in tall glass. Leave room for lime boat. Put Rosemary next to hollowed lime, fill boat with ovenproof rum and ignite. Kill flame before serving, dust with cinnamon before killing flame. Make sure Rosemary gets burnt.
Magic Mike Cocktail
- Muddle strawberry and a teaspoon of orange oleo-saccharum
- 2 oz White whiskey marinated with strawberry
- 1.25 oz of soju
- 5 dashes of orange blossom water
- .5 oz green chartreuse
- 1 oz lemon
- Dash of agave
Shake and double strain into a glass and garnish with a lemon twist.