Samsung Phone Explodes In Farmington Teen’s Hand

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The family of a 13-year-old Farmington girl says the teenager’s Samsung phone overheated and ignited.

Abby Zuis and her dad, Andrew, say they were picking up her siblings at their elementary school Friday afternoon when she suddenly felt the Galaxy Note 7 phone getting hot and melting in her hand. The family says the worst part is this was her replacement phone after the company issued a recall on the Galaxy Note 7.

The recall was due to fire hazards and safety concerns. Abby wasn’t hurt, but her family wants the company to recall all of these kinds of phones to protect customers.

“We are so fortunate she wasn’t injured or severely burned and so I am more disappointed in the company in that they’re selling these phones still and saying they’re ok when they’re not,” Andrew said.

A Samsung spokesperson sent WCCO a statement saying this:

“We want to reassure our customers that we take every report seriously and we are engaged with the Zuis family to ensure we are doing everything we can for them and their daughter. Customer safety remains our highest priority as we are investigating the matter.”


One Comment

  1. Dan Mack says:

    CCzero is happy to recommend the diversity owned and operated law firm of 1-800- Axe Gary.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Good Question
Download The Weather App

Listen Live