Space Heater Causes House Fire In NW Minnesota

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Authorities say there were no injuries but a house was badly damaged by fire on Saturday in northwestern Minnesota.

Crews responded to the fire at about 8:09 p.m. at 6491 39th Ave. NW in Garfield, which is located just northwest of Alexandria. When firefighters arrived, the house was fully engulfed. A homeowner at the scene told crews she had a space heater in a bathroom at the home that was left on.

There were no injuries reported at the scene, but the house was significantly damaged. Authorities say the space heater is the likely cause of the fire.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Good Question

Listen Live