MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The six known surviving siblings of Prince have urged a Minnesota judge not to delay naming them the rightful heirs to the late music superstar’s estate.

Prince left no known will when he died April 21, 2016, of an accidental drug overdose.

While Carver County District Judge Kevin Eide has said he’s “reasonably certain” he’ll declare the six siblings to be the heirs, he has also said he plans to wait for the final resolution of appeals by some purported heirs whose claims were rejected.

The six siblings served notice late last month that they want the judge to act sooner. In a memo filed Wednesday, their attorneys argue that no credible surviving spouse or child has come forward, so further delays benefit nobody.

A hearing is set for May 10.

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Good Question
Best Of Minnesota

Watch & Listen LIVE