Title: Newscast Producer
- Lead a team of anchors, reporters, photographers, editors and other journalists to identify and produce compelling stories and creative newscasts that meet station goals.
- Coach and coordinate anchors, including weather and sports, to produce effective on-air teamwork.
- Work closely with news managers to evaluate and adjust structure, strategy and content.
- Use video, live reporting, graphics, props, anchor involvement and the other tools of television to deliver meaningful, memorable and distinctive news.
- Write extensively on a tight deadline, including graphics and script copy.
- Ensure newscast’s accuracy, fairness, quality and compliance with all FCC requirements.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a producer in commercial television news.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or Communications.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, demonstrating superior ability in use of both spoken and written language, as well as effectiveness working in teams and on tight deadline.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Click here to apply online.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
It is the policy of CBS to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight.