EVELETH, Minn. (AP) — Authorities say five people were treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning at a nursing home in northern Minnesota.

The Eveleth Fire Department says a staff member reported suspected carbon monoxide at the Fitzgerald Nursing Home and Rehab on Sunday morning. Eveleth Fire Chief Scott Haas says it was likely due to the smell of exhaust in the building.

Haas says two residents and three staffers were taken to a hospital as a precaution. The fire chief says there were no readings of carbon monoxide in the building.

WDIO-TV reports the cause may have been a generator that wasn’t venting properly. Minnesota Energy was called to the scene.

The scene was cleared and people were able to return by midmorning.

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments
  1. Where are the carbon menoxide detectors??? Come on people! use some common sense!!!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Good Question
Best Of Minnesota
Excellent Educator

Watch & Listen LIVE