Title: Assistant News Director
- Dynamic leader to oversee, manage and drive daily content, big stories, breaking news and special projects across all platforms.
- Believes in the power of emotional storytelling.
- Manages, coaches and motivates a team of producers, reporters, anchors and photographer who are committed to excellence.
- Prepares a balanced, accurate and ethical presentation of the news in accordance with CBS policies and instructions, industry codes and FCC rules.
- Edits and approves newscast scripts including reporter packages.
- Doctor of formats, offering ideas to improve news programs to promote audience growth.
- Oversees rollout of new programs, technology and production techniques.
- Responsible for scheduling, and meeting newsroom operational goals.
- Participates in hiring decisions and oversees the evaluation and performance review process to nurture a culture of feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
- Minimum 2 years working in news management.
- Minimum 8 years of newsroom newsgathering and/or production experience.
- Solid news judgment, strong writing and research skills.
- Proven strong journalistic leadership with the ability to assign, direct and supervise news coverage.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, solve problems, prioritize stories and the viewer above all else.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Click here to apply online.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
It is the policy of CBS to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight.