Bartender Brandon Sass of Bitter Cube shared these recipes for Oscar cocktails on WCCO Mid-Morning.
- 5 oz Noilly Prat dry vermouth
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Complete this cocktail with an olive
Preparation: Build ingredients in a mixing glass, top with cubed ice and stir. Fine strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Always garnish with the peel of a lemon. If you’re using a knife, cut off the white pith as it creates unwanted bitterness in the drink. The citrus oils found in the lemon bring out the lemon notes in the flavor profile of high quality vodka.
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 1 oz single origin finest quality espresso
- 3/4 oz premium coffee liqueur
- 1 pinch of salt
- Garnish: salted dark chocolate powder
Shake all ingredients and strain into a martini glass.
- 1 1/2 parts Vodka
- 1 part St Germain Elderflower liqueur
- 1/4 part of a lime
- 2 parts chilled soda water
Preparation: Add vodka, St. Germain and lime juice into a cocktail shaker. Then top with cubed ice and shake vigorously. Fine strain into a chilled flute and charge with soda water.