Former Gov. Jesse Ventura’s defamation trial had a day off in St. Paul federal court Friday after a week of surprising revelations. Among them, Ventura testified in court that he doesn’t know if he’s controversial, or if he says anything provocative.
The 911 emergency line is back up and running after an outage Saturday afternoon affected multiple counties in the metro area. According to officials, a routing outage is affected 911 calls that were made from landline phones. According to Century Link, the 911 line was down in Sherburne, Stearns, Wright and Benton counties.
A woman called 911 in the middle of the night in Minneapolis and an operator picked up five states away. It happened to Faye Lewis last month when she made the emergency call from her cell phone.
Minneapolis 911 employees say changes have been made after a WCCO Investigation showed emergency calls were taking minutes to answer.
A 13-year-old male has been charged with making a prank call to police about an armed intruder in a St. Paul middle school. According to the Ramsey County Attorney’s office, the teenager called police allegedly claiming an armed man was inside of Parkway Middle School Montessori on Wednesday, May 14.
When WCCO-TV first exposed 911 calls going unanswered in Minneapolis, the city told us there wasn’t a problem. Leaders pointed to an average answer time of around 8 seconds, as proof the system is working. But when we obtained call records after weeks of asking, we found certain times of day had much longer waits.
Two men have been charged with third-degree burglary after they inadvertently alerted police to the scene of the crime when one of their phones pocket-dialed 911.
Minneapolis city leaders are asking questions after a WCCO-TV investigation found 911 calls going unanswered for minutes at a time.
In an emergency, every second counts, but a WCCO investigation found some 911 calls in Minneapolis were taking minutes to answer. For two weeks now, we’ve heard from frustrated citizens and operators who told us calls aren’t being picked up right away. One woman tried twice over five minutes to get through to 911 after her husband suffered a heart attack. He later died.
An armed robber is on the loose after tying up an employee and a customer at an Alexandria video store Monday night, according to Alexandria Police. The incident happened at Premiere Video at approximately 10 p.m., when a man with a black handgun forced an employee to give him an undetermined amount of money from the store’s cash register and safe.
Rules are changing at Minneapolis’s 911 center after a WCCO Investigation found some callers waiting minutes to get through. Raymond Callihan’s wife tried twice to reach an operator last week when her husband suffered a heart attack. Her second call took more than two minutes to answer. Callihan died Thursday morning. City leaders Thursday expressed sympathy for his family. But operators at the 911 center worry others may not get help as quickly as they should, and they’re asking for more staff.
Pictures in a north Minneapolis dining room show the bright smile of 72-year-old Raymond Callihan, a man who loved nothing more than spending time with his large family. “My father was a wonderful person,” said daughter Kamie Reed. “He would help anyone.” But that happiness has been replaced by hurt now that Reed and her mother, Arcola Tullis, know there won’t be any more memories like them.
After a WCCO-TV investigation exposed what 911 operators call dangerous staffing levels in Minneapolis, first responders are demanding answers.
For some people, it could be the most important phone call they will ever make but in a WCCO investigation, some 911 operators and dispatchers in Minneapolis said they’re in the middle of an emergency of their own.
The city of Minneapolis changed its 911 system in the wake of Minnesota’s worst workplace shooting last year. At that time, several panicked callers inside Accent Signage never got through to a dispatcher.