A funeral will be held Monday for the teenager who died from a rare infection he likely got while swimming last week.
The death of a young swimmer who contracted a brain-eating amoeba in a western Minnesota lake has shocked the community.
A young swimmer who contracted a brain-eating amoeba in a western Minnesota lake has died, according to a family representative.
Minnesota health officials say a child has been sickened by a rare brain infection after swimming in a lake in Pope County.
A parasite commonly referred to as the “brain-eating amoeba” infected a man teaching his daughter to swim in a southwestern Indiana lake, killing him within weeks, his father said Tuesday.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed the cause of a suspected amebic infection, that took the life of a 9-year-old boy.
They’ve been in the hearts and prayers of thousands around the Twin Cities and on Thursday, the father of the little boy who died from amoebic meningitis, is sharing memories of his best friend.
A Twin Cities lake is closed Wednesday while officials investigate a boy’s death. The Health Department says he likely died from a rare brain infection called amoebic meningitis.
The Health Department is investigating after a suspected amebic infection killed a 9-year-old boy who had gone swimming in warm Washington County lakes.