About 4.7 million strollers are being recalled because, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, they could amputate children’s fingers. The CPSC said the folding hinge on the side of a number of Graco strollers could pinch a child’s finger, which could lead to serious injuries.
The University of Minnesota-Duluth student found unconscious in extreme cold temperatures is now recovering at home, according to her CaringBridge page.
Medical experts say you should stay inside instead of braving the bitterly cold weather on Sunday. Dr. Gary Mayeux, an emergency physician at Abbott Northwestern Hospital, says you need to dress appropriately if you’re going to be outside, even for just a few minutes. “Anytime you’re talking negative-degree temperatures, it can be a matter of only a few minutes before you developed signs of frostbite,” Mayeux said. “You see it in the news recently, it can sometimes even develop into amputations of the area that are involved, so it can be very serious and life threatening.”
At Westbrook-Walnut Grove Middle School, the dominant game of choice for 6th graders is lightning, and the dominant player is often 11-year-old Kate Jorgenson. “I like basketball and volleyball, but I like basketball a little bit better,” Kate said. It’s all pretty remarkable considering Kate is playing against her classmates with just one arm.
Elena Evans’ story began in Russia and has taken her to the land of opportunity. In her case, it’s also been the land of unconditional love.
A Minnesota teenager found a way to be a part of his high school graduation following an accident that put him in the hospital.
Two months ago, 23 patients at the St. Cloud Hospital were informed by letter that their bacterial infection was caused by a nurse stealing IV drugs. Now, one of those patients is angrily speaking out about her care and the alleged negative results.
A personal care assistant who was entrusted with looking after a paralyzed woman has been charged with neglect and theft.