Burn

(credit: American Crystal Sugar Co.)

Worker Burned By Beet Juice Sues American Crystal

A man who was severely burned while working at an American Crystal Sugar plant last year has filed a lawsuit that accuses the company of negligence. Kevin Birnbaum was a contract worker at the East Grand Forks plant when the accident happened during an employee lockout in January 2013.

12/03/2014

(credit: CBS)

2 Dead After Fire Destroys Isanti County Home

Two people are dead after fire swept through their rural Isanti county home. The fire was discovered shortly before noon on Thursday near the town of Braham, and the names of the deceased will be released once family has been notified.

11/13/2013

(credit: CBS)

Surprise Fire Threat? Clogged Chimneys

It’s a winter household hazard that can be tough for the eye to see, and if you miss it, it can be costly or even deadly. Now’s the time to prevent it. Clogged chimneys can cause fires this time of year. A family in Hudson, Wis., had one just last night, as build-up in the chimney was the impetus. Luckily, as smoke poured into the room, they got out.

10/31/2013

(credit: CBS)

Burn Victim/Prep Star Gets Back On The Gridiron A Year Later

Alex Feine was holding a gas can near a fire with his mother in their backyard a year ago. The can caught fire, and Alex was rushed to the hospital.

09/21/2012

(credit: CBS)

Wild Parsnip Spreading, Leaving Hikers Blistered & Burned

Along Frontenac State Park’s pristine grasses and wildflowers is an unwanted guest. It’s wild parsnip, an invasive species that threatens to spread across the state, leaving anyone who comes in contact with it dealing with pain surpassing any poison ivy encounter.

06/13/2012

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,581 other followers