The man whose food truck blew up in his driveway last month had been told by the city of the Lakeville that he could not park it there.
No injuries are reported after a propane tank on a fiery truck exploded near a Rosemount elementary school. Rosemount Police Chief Mitch Scott says the tank exploded just before 3:30 p.m. Thursday at a construction site near the city’s downtown.
Investigators say the food truck explosion in Lakeville over the weekend may have been caused by the propane tank.
A quiet neighborhood was rocked Friday night after a food truck exploded in Lakeville. The explosion happened just after 11 p.m. on the 16000 block of Joplin Path, damaging about 20 homes in the area.
A St. Paul woman was injured Sunday when a Jet Ski exploded on the St. Croix River, the Pierce County Sheriff’s Office said. According to the sheriff’s office, police responded to a call just before 2:30 p.m. Sunday of a Jet Ski accident on the St. Croix River.
Authorities say they were called to a public bathroom at a park near Bricelyn, Minn. last week after an explosive device was reported inside. The incident happened Wednesday, July 9, according to the Faribault County Sheriff’s Office.
Minnesota’s food truck businesses are revisiting safety measures after a dangerous incident in Philadelphia on Tuesday. A mother and daughter working inside a Philadelphia food truck were critically injured, and at least 10 others were hospitalized after an explosion.
One person has been transported to Hennepin County Medical Center after a small explosion at the University of Minnesota, according to authorities.
A Ramsey County Sheriff’s Deputy is recovering from minor injuries after crashing into a commercial building. Officials said the deputy was chasing someone when his vehicle swung wide on a turn and hit a building on Willow Lake Boulevard, rupturing a natural gas line.
A man is in the hospital after a 100-pound propane tank exploded inside his minivan early Sunday afternoon, according to the St. Paul Fire Department. Deputy Chief Pat Smith says a Dodge Caravan was parked outside of Walmart, located at 1450 University Ave., when the tank blew up and injured the driver inside.
The Cedar Cultural Center will hold a benefit concert to raise money for victims of a fatal apartment building fire near downtown Minneapolis. The concert takes place Jan. 24 at The Cedar, located on the Minneapolis West Bank. The Cedar is just down the street from where the New Year’s Day fire and explosion killed three people. The fire also destroyed a grocery store on the ground level and displaced tenants in 10 apartments.
Hundreds of people were forced from a Rogers apartment complex, Sunday morning, after an explosion in a nearby pavilion. According to the Hennepin County dispatch, fire crews are currently working a fire at 13600 Commerce Boulevard, which is an apartment complex called The Preserve at Commerce.
A third person has died after an explosion in a Minneapolis apartment building. Fire officials said Friday they believe they have accounted for all victims of Wednesday’s explosion and fire, after recovering the bodies of two people from the building’s charred ruins.
Fire department officials say that a body has been pulled from the Minneapolis apartment building that went up in flames on New Year’s Day after an explosion.
It’s hard enough for fire crews to battle a fire, just imagine doing it in sub-zero temperatures. The fire chief called conditions at the Cedar Avenue apartment fire in Minneapolis, “brutal.”
Authorities say more than a dozen people were taken to hospitals after a fire engulfed several apartments near downtown Minneapolis. WCCO talked with a family member of one of the victims being treated at HCMC who also lived in the building. He said he has nothing left but the jacket he was wearing on his back.
A Litchfield school bus driver who transports 45 kids to school each day says there were signs of trouble before an explosion engulfed her bus in flames. Part-time driver and full-time mother Roxanne Godejahn thought she was being tricked at first that Halloween.
Fire officials said they’re still uncertain what caused the Tuesday afternoon explosion in a Lyn-Lake home that shook the neighborhood. No one was hurt in the blaze. The Minneapolis Arson Unit said the fire originated in the living room in the center of the second unit on the first floor of the four-plex. However, the cause of the fire is “undetermined.”
No one was injured, but a dog did die in a Tuesday afternoon house explosion in the Lyn-Lake area of Minneapolis that rocked the neighborhood. The home — that was unoccupied at the time — on the 3000 block of Grand Avenue South burst into flames as a result, and Battallion Chief Michael Fust believes gas was the cause of the one-alarm fire.
Crews are on the scene of a reported explosion and fire in a St. Louis Park, Minn. office building. According to authorities, a transformer blew in the basement of the Epicor building located off Highways 169 and 394, causing an electrical fire. The fire started around 10:15 a.m. and knocked out power to all four surrounding buildings.
Crews were dispatched to a possible house explosion in Minneapolis Sunday morning, after witnesses reported hearing a loud boom, according to officials.
A 25-year-old man from Dilworth, Minn., lost part of his hand in a firework explosion, authorities say. The Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office said Jason Holweger lost two fingers on his right hand at about 10:22 p.m. Friday in northwestern Minnesota. He was reloading a two-inch wide cannon-style firework when the charge detonated in his hand.
An explosion and fire at a motel near Duluth, Minn. injured two people on Wednesday. The fire happened just outside of Duluth at the Lake Breeze Motel Resort during the afternoon.
It’s no secret that fireworks are dangerous to set off, but it turns out they are even more dangerous to make. A Wyoming man was severely burned while making illegal fireworks in a garage, according to Wyoming Fire Department Chief Dennis Berry.
An illegal firework manufacturing operation was discovered Saturday in Wyoming after a man was hospitalized for 1st-degree burns. Wyoming Police say a 30-year-old man suffered severe burns after a flashover minor explosion in the garage at 7002 Lake Blvd late Saturday morning.