A bill to better protect Minnesota’s firefighters from an invisible danger has been introduced at the state Capitol. The proposal would ban cancer-causing chemicals from furniture and children’s products.
A large fire started Tuesday at the site of the former Potlatch Plant near Cook, Minnesota.
Crews found heavy smoke and flames when they arrived to the Budget Host Inn on MN 55 around 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning. The damage was kept to one motel room, but 25 guests had to leave the building.
One person was hurt after a house fire in Minnetonka early Saturday morning. Crews were called to the fire on the 5500 block of Eden Prairie Road just after 2:30 a.m.
Three dogs died Thursday afternoon in a Crystal, Minnesota, house fire.
Here’s a look at the four most notable stories you need to know about for the morning of Thursday, Feb. 26. First, firefighters battled an intense fire overnight in south Minneapolis in frigid temps. The fire was along the 3700 block of Park Avenue South.
A massive fire broke out overnight in Minneapolis Thursday. According to the Minneapolis Fire Department, around 1:30 a.m. crews responded to a call of a fire in the 3700 block of Park Avenue South.
Fire officials in the north metro say a woman suffered serious injuries Tuesday night after a home she was in became engulfed in flames.
No one was injured after a house fire in North Mankato Tuesday evening. According to the North Mankato Police Department, around 9:35 p.m. an officer was out on patrol when they discovered a house fire in the 1200 block of Lake Street.
Four people are safe after a house fire in Hudson, Wis. broke out overnight Friday. According to fire officials, crews responded to a call shortly after midnight of a house fire on the corner of Oak Street and 3rd Street.
The Minneapolis Fire Department battled two fires – and bitter cold – in northeast Minneapolis overnight. Shortly before 1 a.m. Wednesday, firefighters responded to the first fire, located at 81 St. Anthony Parkway. Upon arrival, firefighters saw smoke showing from the roof of a large warehouse and learned that an aluminum pile was burning inside.
A spark from work being conducted to close to a combustible metal caused a fire to break out at a steel manufacturing plant in Minneapolis early Wednesday morning.
On Sunday afternoon, there is going to be a candlelight vigil and benefit for a St. Paul family who lost everything after a house fire, including their 4-year-old daughter.
Two adults were treated for smoke inhalation after a mobile home caught fire in Stearns Co. Thursday night. According to the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office, officers received a call around 10:30 p.m. Thursday of a fire in a mobile home that was thought to be occupied in the 18400 block of 332nd Street in Avon Township.
Five apartments in a Mankato house have been evacuated after a blaze that apparently started in a fireplace chimney. One of the building’s residents tells The Mankato Free Press he smelled smoke from his third-floor apartment around 8 p.m. Thursday.
A Cottage Grove home was damaged after a fire broke out Monday night. The fire started around 8:30 p.m. Monday at a home on Hilton Trail.
A child is dead after a fire in St. Paul late Sunday night. According to the St. Paul Fire Department, crews received a call around 8:30 p.m. of a fire in the 500 block of Jessamine Avenue.
An early morning fire destroyed part of a building in downtown Winona Friday. According to the Winona Fire Chief, crews responded to a call around 12:30 a.m. of a fire in the 150 block of East 3rd Street.
The Roseville Fire Department says firefighters responded to the second early morning residential fire in a week Wednesday morning.
One person was injured after a house explosion in Beltrami County, according to the Beltrami County Sheriff’s Office. Authorities said around 5:35 p.m. Monday the Beltrami County Sheriff’s Office received a report of an explosion near Carr Lake Road Southwest in Grant Valley Township.
The Roseville Fire Department says that two residents escaped an apartment fire Monday morning that caused an estimated $80,000 worth of damage to the building and killed two pets.
A Brooklyn Center community is grieving the loss of a 2-year-old boy who was killed in a fire last week. Friends and family gathered for a vigil to remember Keoni Holt. Firefighters pulled the little boy from a burning apartment building on Jan. 16.
The 49-year-old woman hospitalized over the weekend following a north Minneapolis house fire is now in good condition.
members of a church in St. Paul are gathering Saturday night to rebuild after an arsonist destroyed part of it. Flames destroyed an addition to Saint Mark Evangelical Lutheran Church on Dec. 12, ruining some classrooms and offices. Gregory Louis Knox, 27, turned himself in to police hours after the fire.
A 2-year-old child is dead after being pulled from a Brooklyn Center apartment fire late Friday morning, according to police.