On Sunday afternoon, there is going to be a candlelight vigil and benefit for a St. Paul family who lost everything after a house fire, including their 4-year-old daughter.
Two adults were treated for smoke inhalation after a mobile home caught fire in Stearns Co. Thursday night. According to the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office, officers received a call around 10:30 p.m. Thursday of a fire in a mobile home that was thought to be occupied in the 18400 block of 332nd Street in Avon Township.
Five apartments in a Mankato house have been evacuated after a blaze that apparently started in a fireplace chimney. One of the building’s residents tells The Mankato Free Press he smelled smoke from his third-floor apartment around 8 p.m. Thursday.
A Cottage Grove home was damaged after a fire broke out Monday night. The fire started around 8:30 p.m. Monday at a home on Hilton Trail.
A child is dead after a fire in St. Paul late Sunday night. According to the St. Paul Fire Department, crews received a call around 8:30 p.m. of a fire in the 500 block of Jessamine Avenue.
An early morning fire destroyed part of a building in downtown Winona Friday. According to the Winona Fire Chief, crews responded to a call around 12:30 a.m. of a fire in the 150 block of East 3rd Street.
The Roseville Fire Department says firefighters responded to the second early morning residential fire in a week Wednesday morning.
One person was injured after a house explosion in Beltrami County, according to the Beltrami County Sheriff’s Office. Authorities said around 5:35 p.m. Monday the Beltrami County Sheriff’s Office received a report of an explosion near Carr Lake Road Southwest in Grant Valley Township.
The Roseville Fire Department says that two residents escaped an apartment fire Monday morning that caused an estimated $80,000 worth of damage to the building and killed two pets.
A Brooklyn Center community is grieving the loss of a 2-year-old boy who was killed in a fire last week. Friends and family gathered for a vigil to remember Keoni Holt. Firefighters pulled the little boy from a burning apartment building on Jan. 16.
The 49-year-old woman hospitalized over the weekend following a north Minneapolis house fire is now in good condition.
members of a church in St. Paul are gathering Saturday night to rebuild after an arsonist destroyed part of it. Flames destroyed an addition to Saint Mark Evangelical Lutheran Church on Dec. 12, ruining some classrooms and offices. Gregory Louis Knox, 27, turned himself in to police hours after the fire.
A 2-year-old child is dead after being pulled from a Brooklyn Center apartment fire late Friday morning, according to police.
A new report says Minnesota’s firefighters and first responders aren’t adequately prepared to handle an oil spill or fiery accident. Most local governments don’t have the equipment to respond to an oil accident, according to a Department of Public Safety report released this week. More than half of the workers surveyed said they need more training.
A fire tore through a Twin Cities townhouse building Thursday morning, forcing a man to leap for his life. People could see the smoke for miles as the right half of the complex on West 144th Street burned.
One person is dead and one firefighter suffered minor injuries in two separate fires in Minneapolis overnight. The two fires were also called in minutes apart, stretching the resources of the Minneapolis Fire Department. This is the second deadly fire in Minneapolis this year. Firefighters also had to battle with overnight temperatures that dipped well below zero.
The weather may be above freezing, but we are still in the trenches of winter. With that, comes the increased risk of home fires. Last year, Red Cross workers responded to more than 700 house fires in Minnesota.
No one was hurt after a fire broke out in a Spring Lake Park duplex Thursday morning. According to the Spring Lake Park-Blaine-Mounds View Fire Department Chief, two smoke alarms were sounding when firefighters arrived at the duplex, located in the 600 block of 79th Avenue.
One man is in the hospital after firefighters pulled him from a burning home in Belle Plaine Thursday morning. Firefighters said that same man called them around 1:30 a.m. to say his house was on fire.
It was a tough morning for firefighters as they battled the cold and a fire. It happened on Hammond Road in White Bear Lake. A storage shed caught on fire, which created several challenges for crews.
A restaurant in northern Minnesota was destroyed after a fire broke out early Tuesday morning. According to the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office, around 6:40 a.m. crews responded to a structure fire at the Ashkanam Resort.
For the second time on Saturday, Minneapolis firefighters rescued a person from a burning building.
A structure fire broke out near north Minneapolis Saturday morning, according to fire officials. According to the Minneapolis Fire Department, crews responded to the report of a structure fire shortly after 7 a.m. in the 1500 block of West Broadway.
The cause of a deadly New Year’s Day fire in Minneapolis remains a mystery one year later. Three people were killed and more than a dozen injured when the explosion and fire ripped through an apartment building in the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood.
Three adults and three children are now counting on the Red Cross to help them find shelter after their north Minneapolis home was damaged by fire Thursday morning.