The Minneapolis Arson Unit says the cause of Tuesday evening’s deadly house fire in north Minneapolis was accidental. Firefighters found two people dead in a bedroom 2940 Washburn Ave. N. after putting out a fire in the home’s living room. The arson unit says they found two possible ignition sources in the living room: smoking materials that may have ignited the cushions of a love seat, and an electrical source.
Two people were found dead by fire crews in a Minneapolis home early Tuesday evening. Firefighters responded to a report of a fire at a single-family home at 2940 Washburn Ave. N. just before 6:30 p.m. Crews entered the home and quickly put out a fire in the living room. While searching the house, firefighters found two people dead in a bedroom.
Dozens of firefighters from six agencies battled a blaze at a manufacturer in Crow Wing County. Fire officials say an early concern about the fire at Cross-Tech Manufacturing were propane tanks and other chemicals used in production of hydraulic rotary brush cutters. Firefighters from Crosslake, Fifty Lakes, Mission, Ideal and Pequot Lakes fought the fire
A nine-year-old girl is in good condition at Regions Hospital after being rescued from an apartment fire in St. Paul on Monday morning. The fire began around 10:45 a.m. in an illegal basement bedroom at 343 Maple Street, where there were no escape windows or smoke alarms, according to the St. Paul Fire Department. Firefighters found Nevaeh Sellers in the basement near a burning mattress. She was breathing when she was brought out of the building.
With all of the snow and subzero temperatures this winter, several of you have wondered about how firefighters are able to use the hydrants when they need them. Jeff from Plymouth and Carol from Eagan asked: How does the water in a fire hydrant not freeze? Roger from St. Paul wanted to know: Whose responsibility is it to keep the fire hydrants clear?
Firefighters in St. Paul rescued a 9-year-old girl Monday morning after a fire started in an illegal basement bedroom, officials say. Fire officials say crews were called to the fire on 343 Maple Street just before 11 a.m. When they arrived at the scene, everyone had escaped from the fire, except the 9-year-old girl.
A man who broke color barriers and led Minnesota in the Civil Rights Movement was remembered Saturday. Matthew Little, long-time president of the Minneapolis NAACP, passed away last Sunday after complications from pneumonia. He was 92. Hundreds of people gathered for a memorial service at Shiloh Temple in north Minneapolis.
A 58-year-old was burned and suffered smoke inhalation in a house fire late Wednesday afternoon in Eagan. At 4:33 p.m., the Eagan Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire at 2981 Lexington Avenue, according to city officials. Firefighters found the 58-year-old victim inside, who was taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul. There was only one occupant in the home.
An early morning fire has destroyed a house in St. Paul, Minn. The homeowners were on vacation in Florida at the time. The fire was reported just before 6 a.m. Sunday morning.
It’s hard enough for fire crews to battle a fire, just imagine doing it in sub-zero temperatures. The fire chief called conditions at the Cedar Avenue apartment fire in Minneapolis, “brutal.”
Overnight, firefighters from several communities helped put out a fire in Deephaven. A fire alarm alerted them to the burning home on Lakeview Drive.
Gov. Mark Dayton and firefighters from across Minnesota plan to gather in St. Paul to honor fallen firefighters. Since 1881, 208 Minnesota firefighters have died on the job. Their names have been inscribed on columns in the Fallen Firefighters Memorial on the State Capitol grounds, which was dedicated last year. Also, expected at Sunday’s memorial will be family members of fallen firefighters, the president of the International Association on Fire Chiefs and the Minnesota Fire Service Foundation president.
The fire hall that served as a command center during a massive forest fire in northwestern Wisconsin has been destroyed in a blaze that also burned six fire trucks. Town of Gordon Fire Chief Mike Chmielecki says the fire hall is a total loss. Chmielecki says there were several explosions inside the hall as it burned Thursday, which he says likely came from the truck equipment. No one was injured in the fire. WDIO-TV reports five agencies worked to extinguish the fire which also destroyed the volunteer firefighters’ gear.
After years of war and destruction, the African country of Liberia is getting back on its feet.
Firefighters needed two trips to put out an overnight fire in south Minneapolis. They first responded to a fire at a duplex, located on the 2700 block of Colfax Avenue South a little after 3:40 a.m. Sunday morning.