Fireplace

(credit: Jupiter Images)

5 Apartments Evacuated After Mankato House Fire

Five apartments in a Mankato house have been evacuated after a blaze that apparently started in a fireplace chimney. One of the building’s residents tells The Mankato Free Press he smelled smoke from his third-floor apartment around 8 p.m. Thursday.

02/13/2015

(credit: Jupiter Images)

Lakeville Fireplace Company Issues Massive Recall

Lakeville-based Hearth & Home Technologies is recalling around 20,000 units of gas fireplaces, stoves, inserts and log sets due to a risk of gas leak and fire hazard.

09/23/2014

(credit: CBS)

Meet The WCCO Rooftop!

The whole WCCO family is excited about our latest addition – the WCCO Rooftop! It has an outdoor kitchen, a working gas fireplace, locally grown plants and an amazing view above Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis. There’s green, local, lush landscape to use for an array of purposes, including outdoor camping segments and even musical guests. The plants are mostly locally grown, and the soil is locally sourced from Mississippi Top Soils in Cold Spring.

11/29/2013

(credit: Burnsville Police)

Police: Man Beats Stepdaughter, Boyfriend With Poker

Police arrested a Burnsville man after he allegedly beat his step daughter and her boyfriend with a metal fireplace poker when he happened upon them in bed together last month.

06/06/2011