The fire hall that served as a command center during a massive forest fire in northwestern Wisconsin has been destroyed in a blaze that also burned six fire trucks. Town of Gordon Fire Chief Mike Chmielecki says the fire hall is a total loss. Chmielecki says there were several explosions inside the hall as it burned Thursday, which he says likely came from the truck equipment. No one was injured in the fire. WDIO-TV reports five agencies worked to extinguish the fire which also destroyed the volunteer firefighters’ gear.
In the backyard of Blue Pearl Veterinary Partners, a veterinary technician takes Gordon the golden retriever for its morning walk. What’s so amazing is that just 24 hours ago the dog was on an operating table with a very serious problem.
A Twin Cities dog is recovering Thursday after having emergency surgery on Wednesday to remove nearly two pounds worth of rocks that the dog had eaten, officials said. Gordon, a 7-year-old Golden Retriever, had to be hospitalized at BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Eden Prairie after ingesting 1.79 pounds of rocks.