The illness that made 30 Springfield Public school students sick enough to go to the hospital Thursday was not caused by carbon monoxide, according to the Minnesota Department of Health. A group of fourth and fifth graders became sick while rehearsing for a choir concert. On Friday, school officials say all the students are fine, and health officials think the illness may have been caused by nerves. Bethany Mattson says she was never really worried about her fifth-grade daughter, who was rehearsing with her classmates Thursday morning in the school’s auditorium. But she can see why other parents may have felt differently.
Kevin Martin has been scratched from the game against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night because of an illness.
The Food and Drug Administration is warning pet owners of tainted jerky treats from China after seeing a surge in illnesses. Since 2007, the FDA says 3,600 dogs and 10 cats have gotten sick, and about 580 of those pets have died.
Royce White has had one interesting basketball journey. It starts with a storied year at Iowa State, a first round pick who never played in his rookie season. White’s back home for a break, as he’s just been traded from Houston to Philadelphia.
When preparing for a trip, you know what’s on your list: swimming suit, shorts, sandals. But if you’re traveling outside of the U.S., packing your suitcase isn’t the only thing you need to do beforehand.
The flu is pounding Wisconsin. State health officials say they’re seeing a dramatic spike in cases and hospitalizations.
There is good news and bad news surrounding the number of West Nile cases in Minnesota.
Imagine as a child, not being able to run or play without being in pain. That’s what many youngsters who suffer from juvenile arthritis face every day.
The Ronald McDonald House in Minneapolis is a place for children and their families to stay while kids battle life-threatening illnesses. It provides lots of activities and diversions for its young patients, including an occasional visit from “Dusty the horse.”
The Minnesota Department of Health is “99 percent sure” that a Norovirus outbreak is to blame for a number of students going home sick in Gaylord, Minn., according to the school’s principal.
A school district near Duluth, Minn. decided to close for the day because of an outbreak of illness.
The Minnesota Department of Health is investigating after several students became ill over Homecoming weekend at Farmington High School.
Four people have died after eating contaminated cantaloupe.
The United States seems to be on track to have more measles cases than any year in more than a decade, with virtually all cases linked to other countries, including Europe where there’s a big outbreak.
Twins general manager Bill Smith said Friday that catcher Joe Mauer went to a hospital for treatment and evaluation after suffering from “extreme flu-like symptoms.”