A lowered flag, flapping in the light breeze Friday was the sad and solemn reminder of last year’s mass shooting at a Bryn Mawr neighborhood business. The occasion was Minnesota’s worst case of workplace violence: seven people died, including the lone gunman.
Friends, family and co-workers of those who died in a mass shooting at a Minneapolis business last September are quietly preparing for a one-year anniversary of the tragedy. Friday, Sept. 27, will mark one year since Andrew Engeldinger opened fire at Accent Signage in Minneapolis shortly after being fired from the company.
The mayor of Minneapolis and a man injured in the September mass shooting in town are calling on Minnesota Rep. Erik Paulsen to help pass a bill requiring background checks on all gun sales.
In Minneapolis Monday, President Obama made his case for new gun restrictions in the wake of a series of gun massacres, including the deadliest workplace shooting in Minneapolis history last year at Accent Signage.
The man responsible for the deadly work place shooting at Accent Signage had a history of problems on the job.
Police say the gunman who killed four people inside a Minneapolis sign company had been fired hours before the attack. Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan said that the gunman in Thursday’s attack was 36-year-old Andrew J. Engeldinger of Minneapolis.
Gov. Mark Dayton is among those offering condolences in the wake of the fatal workplace shooting in Minneapolis. Dayton issued a statement in which he said there was no place for the senseless violence anywhere in Minnesota.
Police say five people died inside an office building, including a gunman, after a Thursday afternoon shooting in Minneapolis.