The door outside the Alliance Française in Minneapolis Thursday held a sign that read, “Je Suis Charlie,” echoing support seen around the world for the victims of the shooting at the headquarters of Charlie Hebdo magazine. Inside, there was a moment of silence for the victims. “Geography makes this loss even harder to accept,” Alliance Française Director Christina Bouzouina said. “So that’s why it’s so important we’re here today.”
Home video shows the attack on the Charlie Hebdo headquarters in Paris Wednesday that left at least 12 dead, including four of the magazine’s founding cartoonists and the editor in chief. As the gunmen got away, they killed a responding police officer who they had first shot on their way in the building. In Washington, President Obama expressed his sympathy and his support.
Just two days after a judge dismissed the attempted murder charges against the Waseca teen accused of plotting to bomb his school, 17-year-old John LaDue made a court appearance Wednesday morning. Transported from a juvenile detention facility in Red Wing, LaDue was back in a Waseca courtroom to learn if he would be tried as an adult.
The FBI is investigating to see if Minnesotans and Americans were involved in the terrorist attack at a Kenya mall. But so far FBI Agent Kyle Loven said there is no specific evidence that Minnesotans were part of the attack.
The Minneapolis business owner who was shot and killed in the massacre last Thursday was remembered Sunday for his sincere generosity and his devotion to his family.