The daughter of a World War II hero says it is a miracle. Precious medals her father was awarded for his service were stolen in a North Minneapolis burglary last year. And against all odds, those medals have been returned by a thief who apparently had regrets.
The owners of the downtown nightclub Envy appeared in court Friday after each being charged with multiple tax evasion charges earlier this summer.
A 17-year-old has been charged in connection with an incident where his 2-month-old nephew was shot in the neck in a north Minneapolis home last Thursday, according to the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office.
A group seeking justice for Terrance Franklin, the 22-year-old man who was shot and killed by police in the basement of an Uptown home in May, wants the officers involved prosecuted.
His 1st radio interview following the trial….tune in for this WCCO Exclusive!
A Minneapolis man agreed to plead guilty Friday to a 2003 murder which was originally appealed and was awaiting a Supreme Court decision. According to the Hennepin County Attorney’s office, 27-year-old Jonathan “Thirsty” Turner agreed to plead guilty to intentional second-degree murder in the death of 19-year-old Marcus Dortch on July 29 2003.
A 32-year-old former Minneapolis police officer charged with sexually assaulting underage girls he met on social media sites now faces an additional charge. Amended charges were filed last week against Bradley Schnickel, 32, of Andover.
A 32-year-old former Minneapolis police officer, who already faces charges in Anoka County, has been charged by Hennepin County with four addition counts of Internet or computer solicitation of children.
Jonathan Markle turned himself in to authorities to face possible legal punishment. But according to Markle’s attorney, Joe Friedberg, the felony charge of criminal vehicular homicide pales in comparison to the regrets and guilt he’s already feeling.
Minnesota prosecutors said Thursday that they need more power to charge violent felons with gun crimes.
A Minneapolis gang member will spend 26 years in prison after pleading guilty to shooting a 16-year-old whom he thought would tell authorities about an attempted robbery, the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office announced Thursday.
A Brooklyn Park man was charged Thursday with two counts of first-degree assault for shooting and paralyzing a teenager on Jan. 6.
A jury convicted a former Minneapolis police officer last week of forgery and of swindling money from committee funds, the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office said Tuesday.
Four metro area men are facing charges connected to an underage prostitution ring in south Minneapolis.
Republican Kurt Bills on Monday questioned Democratic U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar’s handling of a case during her days as Hennepin County prosecutor.
A Maple Grove mother has been charged after police say she had been supplying a 12-year-old girl with heroin and marijuana.
A Brooklyn Park man convicted of stabbing his wife more than 65 times was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without the possibility for parole, authorities said.
Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman released a video called “Case Closed: Clean Elections in Hennepin County,” which touts clean elections and criticizes the voter ID amendment.
An investigation of alleged misconduct in a program that trains police officers in how to spot symptoms of drug use didn’t find enough evidence to bring criminal charges, Hennepin County prosecutor Mike Freeman said Friday.
A 20-year-old Minneapolis man has been indicted on charges of first-degree murder by a Hennepin County Grand Jury on Thursday.
Hennepin County has filed a $10 million dollar lawsuit against Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac on Friday morning. County attorney Mike Freeman says he wants to bring justice to people who were harmed by what he calls “reckless behavior” by the two lenders during the housing boom.
A Minneapolis man was indicted Thursday for attempted first-degree criminal sexual conduct after stabbing a woman on April 19 – a charge that carries a life sentence.
Eighteen new Minnesota laws go into effect on Wednesday.
Two teenagers have been charged in a Minneapolis shooting that killed a 5-year-old boy who had been sleeping on his grandmother’s couch.
Hennepin County authorities say there’s not enough evidence to file charges following an investigation into a newborn baby whose body was found buried in the backyard of a Crystal couple.