Minnesota Department Of Health
The Minnesota Department of Health says two more cases of E. coli infection have been confirmed in the state. The department said Thursday it has been able to interview 14 of the 15 cases. Through the interviews, investigators confirmed that 12 of the ill people ate at an Applebee’s restaurant in Minnesota between June 23 and June 29.
Minnesota health officials are investigating an outbreak of E. coli infection, with some of the cases traced to eating at Applebee’s restaurants. The Minnesota Department of Health said Monday it is investigating 13 cases of the foodborne illness. Seven of the people infected reported eating at Applebee’s restaurants in Minnesota between June 24 and 27. But health officials say there are multiple cases with no apparent connection to the restaurant.
The Minnesota Department of Health has taken over a Minneapolis nursing home, saying it was necessary to protect residents. The Camden Care Center on 49th Avenue North has been cited earlier this year for 47 violations. The Health Department reports several of those violations were serious and put residents at risk.
It’s that time of year when ticks are plentiful and the risk of tick-borne disease is high. Our snowy winter did not hurt ticks. Instead it’s believed the snow insulated them from the cold.
We aren’t the only ones to survive the latest round of brutal winters — turns out, the heavy snow and frigid temperatures actually helped the survival of ticks that can carry disease, according to the Minnesota Department of Health.
Thousands of Minnesotans are training to finish the annual Tough Mudder obstacle course this summer. But they may want to practice keeping their mouths shut.
The Minnesota Department of Health is investigating a possible outbreak of a gastrointestinal illness at a Minnetonka elementary school. Health department officials say at least 51 students and four staff members at Groveland Elementary School were out sick on Thursday.
The Minnesota Department of Health released a new report Wednesday that shows significant increases in the rate of some sexually transmitted diseases from 2012 to 2013.
Don from Brooklyn Park, Minn., asked: If you work in a restaurant, are you required to wear a hair net?
Minnesota Department of Health officials have confirmed that a traveler returning to Minnesota from West Africa tested positive for the Lassa fever. The man, who flew in to Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on March 31, went to a doctor soon after arriving, complaining of a fever. Due to his travel history, his blood samples were sent to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and he tested positive for the viral disease on April 3.
Indoor tanning may soon become an “adults-only” business in Minnesota. State Lawmakers are making a push to raise the minimum age for tanning to 18.
A Coon Rapids company is voluntarily recalling some of its products due to concerns of possible listeria contamination, according to the Minnesota Department of Health. Product sampling by the state agriculture department determined that some of the finished products produced by Parkers Farm Acquisition, LLC contained listeria monocytogenes bacteria, which could cause the disease listeriosis.
A salmonella outbreak has been linked to a Maple Grove restaurant. Minnesota Department of Health and Hennepin County officials say at least 23 people got sick after eating at Old Country Buffet in late January. One person was hospitalized but has since been released.
The illness that made 30 Springfield Public school students sick enough to go to the hospital Thursday was not caused by carbon monoxide, according to the Minnesota Department of Health. A group of fourth and fifth graders became sick while rehearsing for a choir concert. On Friday, school officials say all the students are fine, and health officials think the illness may have been caused by nerves. Bethany Mattson says she was never really worried about her fifth-grade daughter, who was rehearsing with her classmates Thursday morning in the school’s auditorium. But she can see why other parents may have felt differently.
Deaths and other harm to patients from preventable errors such as falls and surgical mistakes have dropped in the 10 years since Minnesota started requiring hospitals and other care centers to report them, according to a report released Thursday.