Some students at the University of Minnesota were forced out of their apartments due to moldy dorm rooms. Students found visible mold in some of the dorms in Frontier Hall at the end of September. The University’s Department of Environmental Health and Safety tested 35 rooms and found mold in 18. They said the mold likely was a result of the high heat and humidity in August, so mold grew in the air conditioning units and spread to the carpet.
If things ever start to bloom around here, the downside will be that our allergies start to kick up. According to allergist Dr. Julia Montejo of Fairview Clinics, there’s good news and there’s bad news this season.
Autumn officially kicked off on Saturday morning, and while many count fall as their favorite season, it’s the time when people’s allergies fire up the most. Especially this year.
A Burnsville apartment complex is getting its rental license revoked after failing to properly respond to multiple code violations.
A Burnsville apartment complex is at risk of losing its rental license. The Country Village Apartments must meet fire code compliance this week or its tenants could be forced from their homes.
Most of us will write off a sniffle or two as the common cold or flu. One of our own here at WCCO did just that, but the condition got so bad he needed surgery.
An unwanted discovery on the University of Minnesota campus is forcing some students to make a big change mid-semester. Mold was found in the civil engineering building on the Minneapolis campus.
A lot more than people are living in a Burnsville rental complex. On Thursday, residents told stories of insects, rodents, even amphibians inside.
Crews are working hard at Jordan Elementary School to clean up a mold problem before the start of the school year.
The spring allergy season is in full swing and doctors are saying allergy clinics are staying busy.
A St. Paul couple is stuck in a homebuyer’s nightmare.