Red Lake Indian Reservation
Beltrami County Sheriff’s Office and Headwaters SWAT team responded to a call of shots being fired at the Red Lake Indian Reservation in northwestern Minnesota. According to Beltrami County Sherriff’s Office, officers responded to a call for mutual aid assistance from the Red Lake Police department at 6:30 a.m. Friday.
A 71-year-old man is hospitalized after being stabbed Thursday night by a Redby, Minn. man he had just let use his phone, leading to an eight-hour manhunt in Beltrami County. Sheriff Phil Hodapp says 23-year-old Orland James Spears showed up at the front door of Mert Scripture’s home in Grant Township just before 9:30 p.m. and asked to use his phone.
A reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information leading to whoever stabbed a male pit bull in northern Minnesota. The Humane Society of the United States announced the reward.
Three men were sentenced Friday for their roles in a murder of a couple on the Red Lake Indian Reservation on New Year’s Day 2011. David John Martin, 46, of Columbia Heights, was sentenced to 160 months in prison on one count of robbery. Kevin John Needham, 21, of Red Lake, was sentenced to 90 months in prison on one count of robbery. Terin Rene Stately, 25, of Red Lake, was sentenced to 40 months in prison on one count of aiding and abetting robbery.
A 19-year-old Redby man has pleaded guilty to attacking another man with a machete as the victim slept.
A Blackduck man was indicted last Tuesday in connection with the drunk-driving death of a young woman in Redby near Lower Red Lake last October.
A federal superseding indictment unsealed on Tuesday charges a previously indicted man with murder in connection to the deaths of a couple on the Red Lake Indian Reservation on New Year’s Day 2011.
A 26-year-old Red Lake man was sentenced for assaulting a woman on the Red Lake Indian Reservation with a shovel.
A federal indictment unsealed Monday charges four men for stabbing a couple to death on the Red Lake Indian Reservation on New Year’s Day 2011, according to the Justice Department.
A 28-year-old Cass Lake man now faces charges for allegedly kidnapping and assaulting a girl while on Red Lake Indian Reservation in June of 2010, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
A man who pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in a fatal crash on the Red Lake Indian Reservation has been sentenced to time already served behind bars.
A judge sentenced a 21-year-old Red Lake man to three years of supervised release Wednesday in the death of a juvenile who flew out of the back of the man’s truck nearly three years ago, the Department of Justice said.
A northern Minnesota woman who pleaded guilty to biting off another woman’s ear at a New Year’s Day party has been sentenced to six months in a community corrections facility.
Two men from Redby have been sentenced in a shooting that left one man dead and two others wounded on the Red Lake Indian Reservation in northern Minnesota.
Two Redby, Minn. men have pleaded guilty in connection to the Nov. 3, 2010 killing of one man and the wounding of two others on the Red Lake Indian Reservation.