In Minnesota, there are 700 sex offenders kept away in indefinite treatment, more than in any other state. A federal judge warned that some of those men need to be let go because parts of the program are unconstitutional.
The Archdiocese of St. Cloud has released the names of four priests who have had substantiated claims of sexual abuse of minors in the past. A court order issued earlier required the release of the names of all local priests accused of abusing children since 2004.
The Iowa Court of Appeals has ordered a new trial for a Minnesota man who had been convicted of sexual abuse of a girl in Knoxville in 2012.
Ramsey County authorities will not be charging the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis for its handling of the case of a priest who was later convicted of sexually abusing two children.
Former priest Tom Esch believes it was a courageous move for Archbishop John Nienstedt to apologize to parishioners at Our Lady of Grace church last weekend.
A self-proclaimed pastor is charged with raping two girls for years, from the time when one was 6 and continuing into her early teens, court documents show.
A man who claims he was sexually abused by a priest in Granite Falls is suing the Diocese of New Ulm and the Servants of the Paraclete to force the release of their lists of clerics accused of molesting children. The lawsuit filed Thursday alleges the diocese and religious order were negligent.
The Archdiocese of Minneapolis and St. Paul announced a list of 34 priests credibly accused of sexual abuse earlier this week. Critics said more names should have been on that list, that the Archdiocese was forced to release the names and that without a court order they would not have done so.
Advocates for victims of sexual abuse by clergy said Friday they will continue to push for more information about priests who have been accused of molesting children, and they hope the recent disclosure of a list of accused priests in the Twin Cities archdiocese will lead to similar ones being produced around the state.
A man who claimed he was sexually abused by a former teacher at Breck School in the 1970s has settled his lawsuit with the school. Richard Covin was a student at Breck when he says William Jacobs abused him.
An attorney for victims of sexual abuse by priests says Archbishop John Nienstedt’s plan to release the names of some accused priests isn’t enough.
WCCO-TV has obtained an internal Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis letter saying a high-ranking church leader will personally control what files a recently named task force on clergy sex abuse will have access to.
A court hearing this month over public records played a role in fueling the clergy sex abuse crisis in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. The session was about names of local Roman Catholic clergy accused of molesting children. A victim wants the court to make the list public. Attorneys for the archdiocese don’t.
A former teacher at a boarding school in southern Minnesota has been sentenced to more than four years in prison for sexually abusing six male students more than a decade ago. Lynn Seibel pleaded guilty to seven counts in July, more than a year after police began investigating alleged sexual contact with students at Shattuck-St. Mary’s school.
The Bemidji School District is being sued over alleged sexual abuse of three elementary students by a former teacher.