WCCO EYE4 LOGO WCCO Radio wcco-eye-white01, ww color white

St. Paul Fire Department

(credit: CBS)

Neighbor Boy Helps Rescue 2 Men From Burning Home In St. Paul

Authorities said two men had to be rescued after a home caught fire early Monday morning in St. Paul. Crews were called to a house fire at about 12:30 a.m. on the 400 block of Goodrich Ave. West.

07/21/2014

(credit: Jupiter Images)

New Brain Injury Medication To Be Tested In Minn.

You may be surprised to know what’s the number one cause of death in people younger than 40. It’s traumatic brain injury, and it can be caused by a car accident, a fall or a hit to the head.

07/08/2014

(credit: CBS)

White Substance Sent To Governor’s Mansion Found To Be Non-Toxic

A hazardous materials team was called to the Governor’s Mansion Monday afternoon after a staffer opened a letter covered in a small amount of white powder. Staff members called the State Patrol who then called in the St. Paul Fire Department. Firefighters, wearing protective jumpsuits, were sent in to try and figure out what that powder was.

06/02/2014

(credit: CBS)

Man, Child Rescued From Apartment Fire In St. Paul

Authorities said a man and child were unconscious and hospitalized after being rescued from an apartment fire in St. Paul Friday morning. Crews were called to an apartment building on the 1800 block of E. 7th Street on a report of a small fire just after 10 a.m.

04/25/2014

(credit: CBS)

Man, 25, Dies After St. Paul House Fire

A 25-year-old man who was rescued from a fast-moving fire in a St. Paul home Saturday morning has died from his injuries. Firefighters received report of a fire on the 1400 block of Van Buren Avenue in the Frogtown neighborhood just before 6 a.m., according to St. Paul Fire Marshall Steve Zaccard. Crews arrived within minutes, but the fire had already done extensive damage to the second floor.

03/30/2014

Fire Line Generic

9-Year-Old In Good Condition After Rescue From Apt. Fire

A nine-year-old girl is in good condition at Regions Hospital after being rescued from an apartment fire in St. Paul on Monday morning. The fire began around 10:45 a.m. in an illegal basement bedroom at 343 Maple Street, where there were no escape windows or smoke alarms, according to the St. Paul Fire Department. Firefighters found Nevaeh Sellers in the basement near a burning mattress. She was breathing when she was brought out of the building.

02/19/2014

(credit: CBS)

Good Question: Who Should Keep Fire Hydrants Clear Of Snow?

With all of the snow and subzero temperatures this winter, several of you have wondered about how firefighters are able to use the hydrants when they need them. Jeff from Plymouth and Carol from Eagan asked: How does the water in a fire hydrant not freeze? Roger from St. Paul wanted to know: Whose responsibility is it to keep the fire hydrants clear?

02/17/2014

(credit: Jupiter Images)

St. Paul Gets Its First Hmong Firefighter

St. Paul, which has one of the largest concentrations of Hmong people living in the United States, is finally getting its first Hmong firefighter. Tou Lo graduates Friday from the St. Paul fire academy. He said that his career path was inspired by a documentary about New York City firefighters responding to the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

01/03/2014

(credit: CBS)

Firefighter Hurt Battling Blaze In St. Paul

Authorities said one firefighter suffered a hand injury while battling a residential fire in St. Paul Tuesday morning. Crews responded to the 1400 block of Edmund Avenue on a report of a fire in a duplex.

12/03/2013

(credit: CBS)

This Is Why You Don’t Store Gasoline Inside Or Aerosols Near Heat

At a vacant house in Center City, firefighters hustle about to place mannequins and tiny cameras. What they’re setting up has all the realism of a Hollywood set.

11/12/2013

(credit: CBS)

St. Paul Athletic Club Evacuated After Chemical Spill

Authorities said the St. Paul Athletic Club had to be evacuated Tuesday morning after an apparent chemical spill that injured a janitor. The St. Paul Fire Department responded to the incident on the 300 block of Cedar Street in downtown St. Paul.

10/01/2013

(credit: CBS)

Authorities Investigating Fatal Fire In St. Paul

Authorities said a 68-year-old man is dead after his home caught fire in St. Paul Tuesday morning. Fire crews responded to the 1400 block of Hamline Avenue North at about 2:15 a.m. on a report of a fire.

07/09/2013

(credit: CBS)

Community Mourns As 2 Fourth Graders Are Laid To Rest

Gov. Mark Dayton addressed the students, faculty, staff and community members at a St. Louis Park elementary school on Friday morning after two students there died while on a field trip in Lilydale. Mohamed Fofana and Haysem Sani were killed on Wednesday.

05/24/2013

(credit: Jupiter Images)

Simulation Shows The Power Of Propane Explosions

Roger Wolfgram is lucky to have survived a propane explosion in September 2011 at his Wisconsin cabin.

02/18/2013

(credit: CBS)

St. Paul Apartment Fire Sends 2 To Hospital

Authorities say two people are in critical condition at a hospital Tuesday morning after an apartment fire in St. Paul on Monday.

02/05/2013

more