Authorities said as many as three rooms at a St. Cloud veterans home suffered water damage after a fire on Sunday. The St. Cloud Fire Department received a report of a fire at about 3:08 p.m. on the 800 block of 8th Avenue South.
Authorities are investigating an outbreak of norovirus at the Minnesota Veterans Home that may have been connected to four deaths last weekend. As of this point, officials said that there has been only one hospitalization they have confirmed to be connected with the outbreak.
Minnesota veterans groups are exerting pressure on state lawmakers to come through with money for a proposed facility for veterans needing intensive care.