Can’t Decide Between Seattle-Denver? Here’s Who You Should Root For
- More Likeable Quarterback?Russell Wilson is a little undersized, his success is an underdog story, and he seems to be an all-around genuinely likeable team player that makes the Seahawks better.Arguably the greatest quarterback in the history of the game. Also goofy, funny, and loveable. It’s impossible to dislike Peyton Manning (unless he’s a rival of your team).
- More likeable coach?As an alumnus of the University of Notre Dame, I cannot in good conscience award Pete Carroll points. Although, he seems fine, I guess.As I said last week, no beef with John Fox. He seems all right.
- More Fun City?A vibrant city full of outdoor activities, really good beer, and more relaxed attitudes towards, uh, “partying,” I guess.A vibrant city full of outdoor activities, really good beer, and more relaxed attitudes towards, uh, “partying,” I guess.
- More likeable fans?Ehhhhhh. They take that “12th man thing” a little too far. That said, the people of Seattle are passionate enough fans that they’ve even made Major League Soccer a success.You know...I know Denver puts on a good tailgate, but I don’t know anything else about their fans
- Sympathy factor?Tons. They don’t have any Super Bowl wins.Not as much. The franchise has two rings. Peyton Manning has one. There isn’t anybody really starving for redemption here.
And the score is...3-3?? A tie?? Holy crow. I didn’t see that coming. As for who I’m rooting for? Now, I really, really like Seattle. They’re a fun team, and with personalities like Richard Sherman, Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson, they’re fun to root for. But they’re also young, and I can’t shake the feeling that you’ll see these guys in this game more than a few times in the future. That said, we only have so many seasons with Peyton Manning left. I’m pulling for the legend. -Brian Cullen, CBS Local Sports contributor