ST. PAUL (WCCO) — An 86-year-old woman with dementia was attacked by two boys in St. Paul Tuesday morning, according to police.

The attack, which occurred near Cass Avenue and North Forest Street, left the woman with cuts and bruises on her face. Police are not sure if she was struck by an object or punched.

The boys didn’t take anything from her, police say.

The woman was found by her daughter shortly after the reported assault. She then called 911.

St. Paul Police are looking for men in a yellow utility truck who they think were near the scene and may have seen something.

Comments (27)
  1. Tina says:

What is wrong with people! This is very upsetting

1. St Paul says:

I agree with you Tina. Sad kids!!! I hope they find them and get them help – lock them up of course while they get help.

2. tim says:

Punks, why not try someone their own size. Absolute whimps.

3. mimi says:

The kids under 12 yrs old can be very very violent when there is more that 3 of them together. I was walking on a sidewalk with 2 bags of groceries,one in each arm, and 5 young kids pushed me into a snow bank, thank God I was not hurt, and a policeman was just turning around a corner and caught 4 of them. He put them in them back of his patrol car and took them back to each of their houses. The officer made sure I was all right before he took them home. Whoever did this needs to be found and punished. If I would have seen this happen, I would have risked my life to keep that lady from getting hurt. She could have been my mom.

1. Hauenstein says:

My guess is they dont have fathers. No discipline.

1. responsible mother says:

Mothers discipline children also – thanks!

2. Moe says:

Hurting anyone or causing any problems was the last thing on our minds when I was that age. What’s with these kids? Sounds like they aren’t taught LIMITATIONS and BOUNDARIES.

1. ohoh says:

Hey responsible mother we have a whole culture without fathers and we reap the reward with thugs like these. If your children haven’t attacked anyone, good for you it is because they have constant adult supervision. the stats support Hauenstein, remember not everything is about you personally.

3. winoceros says:

Who were these boys? Were they from your neighborhood? The reason I ask is there has been a rash of Muslim boys daring each other to knock over non-Muslims. There is even a video that you can hardly find on the internet any more of them actually filiming themselves doing it. It was from this winter. They knocked over bikers, an elderly man, and scared two schoolchildren with backpacks down a steep embankment.

Notice there is no description in this article. If they were truly looking for help from the public, they would have released descriptions. They don’t want to say.

4. JustSayin says:

dang nini-muggins…can never behave like human beings.

5. Murph says:

They will end up in prison when they are that violent at a young age it’s too late to change them.Some people should have a dog or cat and not a kid!

1. internetmoron says:

Yeah, cause they are obviously far too young to change. Great comment Murph. Way to give up on the kids right away.

6. shirley says:

Must have been a real chalenge for these boys. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

7. KIrby Hrbek says:

Who lets their 86 year old mother with dementia to go out on a walk alone in a big city full of thugs?

1. stp_resident says:

agreed… not letting them punks off the hook, but why was she walking around???

8. St Paul says:

Really? Did you think about this before you posted??

1. Kevin says:

Oh indeed I did..St Paul…I live in Maplewood…come join the diversity party here….freakin liberal morons….my crime is up 40% the past 5 years…and I have now lost over 50% of the value of my home……go back to your mommies house…im busy ducking bullets here…oh good the Myth will open soon…give the gang banger a central place to kill each other….

1. JamieinMN says:

Yea Maplewood is getting bad. I live just across 61 in Vadnais Heights. I don’t think the reopening of the myth will affect me, but I feel sorry for residents in that area :-/

9. Christina Nerlien says:

Hrbek I agree with you.. These kids need their a$$es kicked.. that is nonsense!

My 84 yo grandma still lives in her home in Highland.. sadly this could happen anywhere.. Poor thing, too scared to leave her home.

10. Bree says:

Not having a father around should not play a role in how these punks these days treat people. The need to get a old school beat down.

11. steve says:

hmmmm. I think St Paul courts should make an example out of these boys and make them pay dearly. I live near St Paul and this is going on all over the Twin Cities. Glad to hear she wasn’t hurt badly but things like this should NEVER happen in the first place. The kids are obviously suffering from little man syndrome to be acting so tough to take on an elderly woman with dimentia. My grandmother had dimentia and it is not the daughter’s fault. This is a disease that effects the entire family.

12. Julie Betzel says:

Lock up the little monsters and throw away the key!! Thank God this woman wasn’t hurt any worse

13. steve says:

I think when laws changes and said it is abuse to spank kids they were asking for this behavior. raising kids oldschool with spankings and making them pick a switch from time to time would instill respect for others.

1. Moe says:

You 100% right Steve. The kids fear nothing since they don’t get proper punishments as they grow up. I’m not talking about abusive treatment either, just good old bilbical punishment.

14. Moe says:

Sick, weak punks.. have to beat on an old lady. Wussies….

15. juan r. says:

Kids these days don’t even do jail time anymore. They just get sent to some program placement and that’s about it. This include murdering someone. If they are under 15 years old, they get program nor jail time. It’s our system.