SHOREVIEW, Minn. (WCCO) – An 18-month old child died Thursday afternoon after what was described as an “equipment malfunction” at a chiropractor’s office in Shoreview, according to the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office.

Authorities said the toddler was with its mother at a chiropractor in the 1000 block of Highway 96 when the incident happened.

The mother was being treated in a room and during the treatment there was an equipment malfunction that caused the toddler to suffer serious head injuries. The mom and child were both transported to Region’s Hospital, where the child later died as a result of its injuries.

The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office wouldn’t say whether the toddler was a boy or girl. The incident remains under investigation, but an official with the agency said it appears to be simply a tragic accident.

Comments (4)
  1. red says:

    How sad- so sorry

  2. Aly says:

    I’ve gone to that Chiropractic office for almost 20 years – they are the most incredible, kind, hard-working people, and my heart goes out to the family and friends of the child and to everyone at the office. What a terrible tragedy.

  3. wHATEVER says:

    Wow, this is sad. Hope they were up to date on maintenance procedures. It’s going be a nightmare for that company.

  4. Kenneth2 says:

    What a sad scenario. But, there seems to be some very critical elements missing in the story. I’m not very familiar with chiropractic equipment that just jumps up and bites people in the head….

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Watch & Listen LIVE