MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A 51-year-old siding contractor was electrocuted Monday while working on a home in Fridley, police said.
Emergency crews responded to the electrocution at 2:20 p.m. on the 1000 block of 54th Avenue Northeast.READ MORE: Family Identifies Menards Employee Killed In Forklift Accident As 19-Year-Old James Stanback
Crews took the contractor to Unity Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.READ MORE: House Ethics Committee Postpones Hearing On Complaint Against Rep. John Thompson
Xcel Energy personnel were at the house when the electrocution occurred. Xcel Energy spokeswoman Mary Sandok said Xcel workers were at the house to “de-energize service to the building in advance of the contractor’s work.”
She said Xcel Engery is fully cooperating with authorities in their investigation.MORE NEWS: Crane Falls Onto Circle Pines Power Lines Leaving Many Residents Without Power
The electrocution is being investigated by Fridley police, the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office, the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office, and OSHA.