- 1 lb. Wild rice (Mahnomen)
- one stick butter
- ten cloves of garlic
- 3 medium sized yellow onions
- 4 stalks of celery
- 2 lbs. White button mushrooms
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) of water chestnuts, drained, then sliced into 1/4″ rounds
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (diluted with 1/2 cup of water)
- salt to taste
- Roast turkey pulled from the bone
- Turkey gravy (au jus)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- In a colander, rinse the wild rice.
- Put the rice in a pot, and cover with 3 inches of water. Boil in a pot, uncovered, for about 20 to 25 minutes. If you’re using Mahnomen wild rice, it will cook more quickly than the paddy variety.
- While the rice is boiling, slice (do not mince) the mushrooms, onions, garlic, and celery.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, and saute the onions, garlic, and celery until they begin to bleed a little liquid into the butter. Then add the mushrooms. The celery and onions should not be totally soft.
- Once the rice has cooked, drain it and add to the sauteed vegetables.
- Add pulled turkey and gravy, water chestnuts.
- Place mixture in casserole dish, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, and place in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until top is browned and hot dish is heated through.