ROCHESTER, Minn. (WCCO) – A hotel in downtown Rochester had to be evacuated for about two hours after a fire caused about $100,000 in damage Saturday morning, authorities said.

Fire crews responded to a report of a fire at the Days Inn, located in downtown Rochester, at about 6:15 a.m. When they arrived, a fire had been sparked by a fryer in the restaurant of the hotel that had overheated.

Guests were evacuated from their rooms as a precautionary measure. They were allowed back in around 8 a.m. once the rooms in the hotel were checked for any combustible materials. Fire crews knocked out the fire after an extinguisher was not effective.

There were no injuries reported as a result of the fire, but it caused extensive damage in the cooking area of the restaurant.

Comments (2)
  1. Mark Kondziolka says:

    Greetings; I love watching the segment with Frank and his Mom…I thought it would be fun if viewer’s had the opportunity to have Frank, Mom, & you have to have Amelia to compliment the group over to selected viewer’s home for a back yard bar-b que where Grandma Vascellaro and Frank would do the special and favorite grilling combo…something different just for the summertime? Maybe one of your advertiser like Lund’s would co-op it? I get first dibs since it was my idea?

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Watch & Listen LIVE