MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — There is now a safety alert out for those laundry detergent packets we warned you about Monday night.

READ MORE: Man In His 30s Killed In North Minneapolis Shooting

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says 500 children and adults have been hurt after swallowing or handling the detergent pods this year. Poison Control has received nearly 130 calls in Minnesota alone.

READ MORE: Man, 19, Dies In Hospital Weeks After Being Assaulted, Robbed In Downtown Minneapolis

Experts say the packets attract kids, because they’re soft, colorful and can look like candy. So parents should keep the detergent locked up.

MORE NEWS: 'Don't Let Anybody Stop You': 84-Year-Old Completes Her Dream Of Earning Degree From U Of M

Adults also shouldn’t touch them with wet hands. That’s because the pods can dissolve and release highly-concentrated chemicals.