Minneapolis is home to not one, but two of the best bakeries in America — at least according to The Daily Meal‘s latest report.
The website, which boasts “more culinary content than any other resource,” analyzed more than 1,500 retail bakeries across the nation to narrow a list down to the best 50.READ MORE: Russell, Towns Lead Wolves To Rare Win At Milwaukee
Minneapolis bakeries earned two spots on that list — Salty Tart at No. 7 and Patisserie 46 at No. 26.
According to the report, the ranking was assembled based on whether they bake both bread and pastries, how long they’ve been around for, if they have notable award-winning chefs, if they make all their baked goods from scratch and their buzz factor.
According to the article, Salty Tart was highly praised for Chef Michelle Gayer’s masterful handiwork with her “crack-a-roons,” brioche rolls, twice-baked ham and cheese croissants and the bakery’s famous (and oh-so-fabulous) cheddar jalapeño bread.
READ MORE: Whitecaps Jump To 5th Place With 2-0 Win Over Loons
Minneapolis’ Patisserie 46 was recognized for their delicious and fancy pastries without the “froufrou.” The article gives a shout-out to the incredible work of award-winning chef and owner John Kraus, as well as the bakeries wide assortment of fresh breads and famous 46 Baguette.
“Their sweets selection has éclairs, napoleons, a Mont Blanc chestnut tart, ginger chew cookies, chocolate and almond croissants, mini panettones, and more,” the article states. “The bakery’s confections, like their chocolate bonbons and fleur de sel caramels, seal the deal.”
A portion of the 50 Best Bakeries in America list is below:
1) Tartine Bakery, San Francisco
2) Dominique Ansel, New York City
3) Flour Bakery + Café, Boston
4) The Standard Baking Company, Portland, Maine
5) Macrina Bakery, Seattle
6) Levain Bakery, New York City
7) Salty Tart, Minneapolis
8) Amy’s Bread, New York City
9) Porto’s Bakery, Los Angeles
10) Pearl Bakery, Portland, Ore.
20) El Brazo Fuerte Bakery, Miami
21) François Payard Bakery, New York City
22) Bakery Nouveau, Seattle
23) Mike’s Pastry, Boston
24) Momofuku Milk Bar, New York City
25) Bouchon Bakery, Various Locations
26) Patisserie 46, Minneapolis
27) Ferrara Bakery & Café, New York City
28) Grand Central Bakery, Portland, Ore., and Seattle
29) Café Besalu, Seattle
30) The Denver Bread Company, Denver
For the complete list, check out the slideshow and complete article on The Daily Meal.