Presented by Executive Chef Michael Selby, Dec. 17, on WCCO
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• (2) 5 ounce Alaskan cod fillets
• 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• ½ cup fresh San Marzano tomatoes
• 1/3 cup Kalamata olives
• 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
• ½ cup marinated artichoke quarters
• ½ cup seafood broth
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, loosely torn (not finely chopped)
• Juice of one lemon wedge
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 6 watercress leaves (garnish over top)
Place canola oil into medium sized non-stick pan and swirl for complete coverage. Once smoking hot temperature is achieved, place cod fillets into pan and do not move for at least 30 seconds.
Carefully flip fillets and add garlic and butter to pan and cook for 20 seconds till garlic becomes dark blonde in color then immediately add tomatoes, olives, capers and artichokes and cook for additional 20 seconds. Add broth and red pepper flakes to pan, cover and reduce to low heat and cook for 2 minutes. Remove cover from pan and sprinkle parsley over top along with lemon juice and olive oil.
Plate into pasta bowls using a fish spatula. Remove fish from pan first then pour remaining contents of pan over top. Garnish finished plate with watercress.
Amount: 2 servings