MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Minneapolis Police say a 17-year-old boy has been arrested in connection to a fatal stabbing early Sunday morning.

Police were called to the 3600 block of Emerson Avenue North at about 2:56 a.m. on a report of a stabbing. When officers arrived, they found two men inside a residence who had been stabbed. One man, Matthew Edward Heath Little, 23, was pronounced dead at the scene. The other was taken to North Memorial Medical Center. His injuries were considered non-life threatening.

READ MORE: Man Who Escaped From Northern Minnesota Corrections Facility Back In Custody

On Monday afternoon, police announced that the boy was arrested in connection to the stabbing and is now in custody at the Hennepin County Juvenile Detention Center.

About an hour after the double stabbing, police were called to North Aldrich Avenue on a report of another stabbing. The victim will recover and police say the stabbings were not random or connected.

READ MORE: Next Weather: Chilly, Cloudy Saturday With Light Showers

The unrelated stabbings follow a violent stretch of crime in north Minneapolis. Last weekend, two people were killed in separate shootings and another three were injured. On Wednesday, three women were taken to the hospital after an early-morning triple shooting. Over the last week, Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau and Mayor Betsy Hodges have each called for an end to the violence.

Authorities said it’s not clear what led up to Sunday’s incident, and the names of one of the victims has not been released. Anyone with information is asked to call Minneapolis Police at (612) 692-8477.

Minneapolis Police said the recent violence on the north side will not have any effect on All-Star Game festivities. Authorities said they are staying focused on the north Minneapolis even with a large police presence required downtown for All-Star Game activities.

MORE NEWS: Smeltzer Backed By Garlick, Miranda As Twins Beat Royals 6-4

Dozens of law enforcement agencies from around the metro will be in Minneapolis to provided extra help, but officers familiar with the north side are staying there.