MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Two teenage siblings are expected to make a full recovery after being rescued from a camper where their sister and father died from high carbon monoxide levels.
According to the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office, 14-year-old Noah Mechley and 15-year-old Karley Mechley are in stable condition at Hennepin County Medical Center Saturday.
On Dec. 3, the two were rescued from a fifth-wheel camper in Rice Lake Township. Their father, 39-year-old Michael Mechley, and their 11-year-old sister, Charlene Mechley, were pronounced dead at the scene.
The Rice County Lake Volunteer Fire Department said a generator near the camper may have been responsible for pushing high levels of carbon monoxide into the camper.