GREENLEAF TOWNSHIP, Minn. (AP/WCCO) — Sheriff’s officials say carbon monoxide likely caused the death of a 27-year-old man in Meeker County.
A 21-year-old woman in the Greenleaf Township residence also suffered the effects of carbon monoxide, but survived. She was taken to Meeker Memorial Hospital Wednesday afternoon and later transferred to Hennepin County Medical Center.READ MORE: Proctor High School Football Player Pleads Guilty To Sexual Assault
The deceased victim was identified as David Allen Harrison. The surviving victim was identified as Jennifer Lynn Melchert of Litchfield.READ MORE: North St. Paul Man Killed In Rollover Crash On Highway 36
Detectives say multiple generators in the residence were used for heat and electricity.MORE NEWS: Jaleel Stallings To Receive $1.5M Settlement From Minneapolis
(TM and © Copyright 2015 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)