MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A stove pan emptied outside started a fire Sunday that damaged a home in northern Minnesota, according to the Carlton County Sheriff’s Office.

Authorities received a report of a house fire at about 4:34 p.m. Sunday from a neighbor on  the 4300 block of Lee Road In Moose Lake Township. Officers with the Moose Lake Police Department were the first on scene and observed that the south side of the home was engulfed in flames.

Firefighters from Moose Lake, Barnum and Kettle River were called to the scene. Authorities said the homeowner and his wife got out of the home safely and were not hurt in the fire. The American Red Cross has been called into assist the residents.

Fire officials said the cause appears to be an ember from a stove pan that had been emptied outside of the home.

Comments (2)