MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A Minneapolis high school will reopen Friday after closing due to an electrical fire.
Patrick Henry High School canceled classes and all after school activities Thursday after an electrical fire caused damage to parts of the building.
According to a press release from the school, crews worked hard on Thursday to get the school back up and running.
In the press release, the school warned parents that children with asthma, smoke allergies or other such medical conditions should consult a doctor before returning to the class.
Any absences due to respiratory conditions will be excused.
Additionally, the school said a concert scheduled for Thursday has been postponed and all weekend activities have been canceled.
Students will not need to attend a makeup day.