MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Authorities said as many as three rooms at a St. Cloud veterans home suffered water damage after a fire on Sunday.

The St. Cloud Fire Department received a report of a fire at about 3:08 p.m. on the 800 block of 8th Avenue South. When firefighters arrived, the sprinkler system in the building had largely contained the fire.

Authorities said the fire likely started because of a cigarette that was left on a mattress in one of the rooms. The residents affected by the fire were moved to different rooms within the facility until the clean-up can be finished.

Fire officials said there were no injuries in the incident, but the facility suffered about $1,000 in damage.