MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources said that hunters this year will get another “conservative” deer season this year.

The DNR said that means hunters can expect a likely one-deer limit in most areas of the state.

READ MORE: How Minnesota Schools Are Spending COVID Relief Money

“The 2015 deer hunting regulations will be quite similar to last year,” Leslie McInenly, big game program leader for the DNR, said. “Hunters should check the 2015 regulations early, because in the majority of areas, hunters will need to apply for a permit to shoot an antlerless deer.”

By the numbers, the DNR said that only bucks will be open to hunters in 14 areas, and in 29 other areas, hunters will have to choose between shooting either a doe or a buck.

READ MORE: Girl Gifts Comforting 'Prairie Bears' To All Patients At Youth Psychiatric Hospital

“We are continuing a conservative harvest approach in order to raise deer numbers consistent with our recent goal-setting process,” McInenly said.

In 11 permit areas, hunters will be allowed to shoot more than one deer. For more information on restrictions, click here.

MORE NEWS: Good Question: How Do They Make It Snow Inside U.S. Bank Stadium?

Hunters will be able to buy licenses and apply for the lottery for antlerless deer permits on August 1.