MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A woman burned her hands Thursday trying to put out a St. Paul fire.

A duplex went up in flames around 7 p.m. on the 1500 block of East 7th St.

Neighbors say they heard a woman screaming, and saw flames coming out of the second-floor window.

The woman came out of the home with burns on her hand.

The St. Paul Fire Department said it was caused by a “carelessly unattended” candle that ignited the bedding. Smoke alarms were found missing or disabled, and there were no carbon monoxide alarms.

On Wednesday, a St. Paul apartment building also burned after a 14-year-old left a candle unattended.

The fire has now been extinguished and is under investigation.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.